The vegetarian diet can be very beneficial for health if you know out in a balanced manner. Discover some very healthy vegetarian menus where not lack any nutrients and some menu ideas if you decide to start this type of feeding.
A complete power
It is very common to hear that a vegetarian diet can be a health risk because it has a deficit of some minerals like calcium or iron, or does not provide enough protein or vitamin B12, etc.. etc. Before starting with the menus we will clarify these issues.
Calcium. Milk and its derivatives are of course by no means the only foods that have calcium, if it has decided to do without them. Also are green leafy vegetables, seeds, nuts, whole wheat bread, oatmeal and seaweed.
Iron on the other hand can be obtained in nuts, fruits, whole grains, green leafy vegetables, legumes and seeds. To assimilate the right way is recommended to take vitamin C. This can be dressing meals with a little fresh lemon juice.
There are many people who will not eat eggs or dairy products and do not know how to get vitamin B12. Well in yeast, tempeh, miso and seaweed can get and take it in supplement form.
Protein. Although the main source is meat, egg and fish, you can also get protein from legumes, dairy, whole grains, nuts, mushrooms and seeds among others. Moreover vegetable protein is digested much more easily, it is rich in fiber and does not overload or kidney or liver.
How to prepare a vegetarian menu
We must ensure that meals are balanced and complete. To do this you must ensure that each meal fruits and / or vegetables, or whole grain starch such as potatoes, rice, bread, pasta, oatmeal, corn meal, etc. are included., Proteins in the form of vegetables, eggs or dried fruits and fats in olive, coconut, sesame, sunflower or flax.
Examples of menus
If you have already decided to start with this new power, we're going to make some proposals very complete and healthy menus that contain everything the body needs.
- Lentils with brown rice and mixed salad dressed with a little olive oil
- Whole wheat pasta with a cream sauce, mushrooms and nuts and a piece of fruit
- Pizza of pasta with cheese, tomato, onion, olives, peppers and seitan
- Peas with boiled potatoes, mayonnaise and a fruit salad
- A snack tortilla alfalfa sprouts and green pepper
- Eggplant stuffed with onion, cheese and tomato sauce and a salad of arugula and Parmesan
- A cold lentil salad with wild rice, cherry tomatoes, shredded carrots and guacamole.